The fact that technological devices, which are one of today's realities, have entered every field of our lives, brings along with it the excessive consumption that threatens their resources on the world. Have you ever thought how much electricity we spend while doing activities required by daily life or performing your hobbies? We constantly use electricity while vacuuming the house, washing clothes and dishes, ironing, heating water with a heater, chatting on the internet, watching television and many other similar activities. You can save electricity by taking a few simple measures, so that you can both fulfill your part and reduce your bill.
So What Are The Methods To Save Electricity?
- The first application you need to do to save electricity is to replace your electricity clock with smart watches. In this way, you can save money on your electricity expenses, especially as of 22:00 at night.
- Focusing on electrical appliances in the kitchen provides serious savings. For example, you should pay attention to the position of your refrigerator to prevent heat loss. A refrigerator should never be located near a window. Likewise, being close to appliances such as ovens and heaters will cause excessive electricity consumption.
- You should watch your refrigerator frequently. If you see icing, defrost it as soon as possible. Do not forget that the ice in the refrigerator increases the electricity consumption. Also, you should lower the temperature of your refrigerator during the winter months. For example, you should reduce the degree you hold in the 4th stage in the summer to 3 in the winter. If you are going to buy a new refrigerator, buying it from A energy class will help you save money.
- One of the first precautions you will take for the washing machine is to wash the dirty laundry by collecting it. It makes more sense to run the machine by waiting for a little more than washing the two towels. In addition, the program you choose for lightly soiled laundry must be a short program. Washing your clothes at low temperatures will also extend the life of your laundry. In addition, a normal washing machine should be preferred instead of a washer-dryer.
- Do not open the door unnecessarily while using your oven, and it is best not to open it at all during the cooking phase. In addition, it will be a correct approach in terms of saving electricity to cook at this setting by researching the temperature at which the food is cooked in advance.
- To save money on ironing, you can start by shaking your clothes and hanging them up properly. In this way, your less wrinkled clothes will not require much ironing. Setting the temperature according to the type of fabric you are ironing will also be a positive step in this sense.
- Take care to use energy-saving lamps in lighting. Lights called yellow lights, besides tiring the eyes, use a lot of electricity.
- Electrically powered heaters consume much energy. For this reason, be careful not to use these tools or just boil as much water as you need.
- When purchasing electrical appliances, you should pay attention to the energy class. Signs such as AA + are signs on electricity-saving appliances.
- Do not hold any electrical appliance in "stand-by" position, definitely turn it off with its switch.
- For hot water, turn to solar energy. In this way, you can make serious savings, especially in the summer months.